OFF: HW: Quarkspace-Drop

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Nov 13 02:39:42 EST 2001

Hey Folks...

OK, this is only marginally HW-related I suppose, but...

Anyway, as you may have seen in earlier posts, Quarkspace's latest
full-length studio effort 'Drop' is being distributed in a non-traditional
way - i.e., it's being offered for free via the internet and whatever other
means there are.  So that means that anyone can go to www.quarkspace.com and
download the music as mp3's and burn up your own copy.  Of course, that
takes some amount of effort and a certain level of computer/modem
sophistication, and then you still have a 'compressed' music product.

Soooooo, for those here that would rather receive the real thing [Chuck,
here's your promo chance. :) ], I have a 'real' CDR copy of 'Drop' and will
now solicit names/addresses for receiving CDR copies.  The usual -
henderson.120 at osu.edu.  I haven't started burning them up yet (I thought I
was gonna need some more 80s, but I just now took another look, and it's
actually on a 74 which is convenient), but will start real soon.  I don't
know how many I'm going to do, I'll wait to see how many folks respond and
decide if a full tree is warranted or not.  And if a lot of European folks
write in, I might ask for some people with burners to act as branches over
there.

Again, I'll send only a single disc without jewel case or anything, which
will cost me about 80 cents in postage (domestic) and 26c per CDR (since I
buy them in 100 or so).  Hence, I again won't be asking anything in return -
if I send out 10 or so, I'm out $10, big deal.  If someone wants to send me
something in return, that's cool, but I won't expect it.

It's *really* a damn good album I must say.  The most consistently-good
Quarkspace album IMHO, and three tracks that are just brilliant (Starbridge
Freaks II and III, and Pavlovian Causeway).  It's their usual 50:50 mix of
pseudo-folksy vocal tracks (with new female singers on some) alternating
with wild cosmic freakouts.  The finale is an extended jam with Thom the
World Poet (of Family Gong and Strange Dazes past) adding his peculiar
lyrical wordpoems. I've put the track-by-track lineup since Paul called in
so many other guests.  Including Greg Kozlowski of Architectural Metaphor
(who I guess are still active to some extent with someone replacing Deb
Young) and Steve Hayes of Star Nation.  (Ah, *there's* the Hawkwind link!)

There's cover art up on www.quarkspace.com, but it seems only to be a front
cover for a booklet.  I think I might try to take the info below and some
other simple graphics and put together an image file or two to make a tray
card and more complete booklet with the cover art.  I'll let you know what I
come up with and where it would be on the web in due time.  You'll need to
print out your own inserts 'cause I can't even make color ones for myself.

Well, start sending me your info (please indicate: Willing/Able to Burn for
others? Yes/No).  I lost a whole crapload of old emails so even if you just
sent me your address for other reasons, don't expect me to still have it.

Keith H. (aka Grakkl (FAA))
henderson.120 at osu.edu

Quarkspace: Drop

Chet Santia   Jay Swanson   Paul Williams   Stan Lyon

Steve Hayes  Greg Kozlowski  Bevin Lynch  Thom the World Poet  Matt Kearns
Kendra Lewis  Cameron Tummel The Bonnydoon Players of Santa Cruz

The new studio CD, released into the public domain, feel free to copy and
distribute this music for non-commercial purposes.   CD-r's of the true
mastered CD will be available through various traders.

Recorded 2000-1, Eternity's Jest Studios, Starbridge Freaks, OH.

All songs by Quarkspace, except 12 Quarkspace/Woodruff.

Copyright 2001 Eternity's Jest Records, Inc.

Cover Art by David Gulotta. Used courtesy Beverly Zook.

1. Spinnin
Chet Santia: Guitar, Vox
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Drumming
Stan Lyon: Guitar, Bass

2. Starbridge Freaks 2
Chet Santia: Bass
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Loops, Synth, Keyboards, Drumming
Stan Lyon: Guitar

3. Sound Inside You
Chet Santia: Bass, Vox
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Loops, Synth, Keyboards, Drumming, Vox
Stan Lyon: Guitar
Bevin Lynch: Vox
Kendra Lewis: Vox

4. Pavlovian Causeway
Chet Santia: Bass
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Loops, Synth, Keyboards
Stan Lyon: Guitar
Steve Hayes: Synth, Samples
Greg "Aashwaan" Kozlowski: Synth

5. The Storm
Chet Santia: Vox
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Synth, Keyboards
Stan Lyon: Guitar
Bevin Lynch: Vox

6. Newton's Dream
Chet Santia: Bass
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Synth, Keyboards, Drumming
Stan Lyon: Guitar
Matt Kearns: Guitar

7. Drop Out From the World
Chet Santia: Vox
Jay Swanson: Synth
Paul Williams: Synth, Keyboards, Vox
Stan Lyon: Guitar
Bevin Lynch: Vox
Kendra Lewis: Vox

8. Vazt
Chet Santia: Bass, Vox
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Loops, Synth, Keyboards
Stan Lyon: Guitar
Steve Hayes: Samples, Synth

9. Bonnydoon
Chet Santia: Bass, Loops
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams:  Synth,  Drumming
Stan Lyon: Guitar
Bonnydoon Players of Santa Cruz: Percussion

10. Starbridge Freaks 3
Chet Santia: Bass
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth, Loops
Paul Williams: Synth, Keyboards, Drumming
Stan Lyon: Guitar

11. The Lie
Chet Santia: Guitar, Vox
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Drumming
Stan Lyon: Bass

12. Blanket Hill
Chet Santia: Bass, Loops, Percussion
Jay Swanson: Keyboards, Synth
Paul Williams: Synth, Keyboards, Drumming
Stan Lyon: Guitar
Thom the World Poet Woodruff: Poetry
Steve Hayes: Synth
Greg "Aashwaan" Kozlowski: Guitar, Synth
Cameron Tummel: Percussion