HW; Greasy Truckers 2001 - guitar duties

Sat Nov 3 15:25:52 EST 2001

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 06:06:49PM +0100, Nick Medford typed out:
> In message <HOEIIEOFGIOMJIMLGMJKKEPJCKAA.email at andygilham.co
> m>, Andy Gilham <email at ANDYGILHAM.COM> writes
> >I've also heard MM say he wouldn't work with Hawkwind again until they
> >re-hired Nik Turner.  And yet we're expecting Destruction of the Death
> >Generator to be forthcoming.
>
> >Things change.
>
> I'm guessing that they must have already done so, considering Moorcock's
> involvement with the Astoria Xmas party last year (when Nik was most
> definitely not on board).

        I thought that Moorcock's beef was with Doug Smith, not the band
per se. The usual matter of non-payment for something or other. But I
can't remember where I heard this so it may be wrong. Either way it would
explain why it was solvable.

        At the Hawkestra Nik said that he'd asked Moorcock to do phone-in
vocals but Moorcocok had said he didn't think he could afford the phone
bill. I couldn't work out if this was Nik taking the piss or Moorcock
politely staying on one side of the struggle. Or OzIT being cheap and not
paying him for it I suppose. Yours,
                                    Jon

ObCD: Harvey Bainbridge - _Red Shift_
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk