lemmy's health, or lack thereof

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu May 10 22:14:48 EDT 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001 21:16:50 EDT, Robert C. Mayo <RMayo19761 at AOL.COM> wrote:
>dont know if this has already been reported here; but he new issue of
>Goldmine features an interview with his lemness. in it, he reports that the
>cause of his recent ill health is a diagnosis of type II diabetes ...

Well, there you have it.  30 years of road food is more likely to kill you
than 30 years of amphetamine abuse.  Just as with Jerry Garcia - a 20-year
heroin addict done in by his "Ben & Jerry's" diet, not an OD.

And people are out there protesting "genetically engineered" food while not
raising a peep about the fact that damn near EVERYTHING you buy in the
supermarket (not to mention the fast-food joint) comes LOADED with extra
refined sugar - even salty snacks and hamburgers?!?

"Speed don't kill and I'm the proof" indeed ... wrong white powder ...

    -Doug (who enjoys a good dessert but wishes he could buy unadulterated
fruit juice from the vending machine ... is that really too much to ask
for?)
     ?