HW:Text of Festival

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu May 10 15:58:32 EDT 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001 15:48:14 EDT, Chuck Rosenberg <Chuckrecs at AOL.COM> wrote:
>In a message dated 5/10/01 11:41:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>roger at RELMER.FREESERVE.CO.UK writes:
>> Someone posted up this info a while back on the list (can't remember who
>>  though) -
>
>Interesting. Who posted it? Hopefully Bernard... :)

I'm pretty certain it was :^)

>And the line-up that's listed--is this correct, too?
>
>>  The Text Of Festival: Live 1970-2 (Illuminated/DemiMonde 1983)
>>  --------------------
>>
>>  Sides 1 and 2 reissued as In The Beginning & Masters of the Universe
>>
>>  TRACK                   DATE            TOWN, VENUE
>>
>>  Master Of The Universe  18.08.70        London
>
>I was assuming there must have been some overdubs 'cause I think you
>can hear sax and Nik singing at the same time...

I believe that sides 1 & 2 of 'Text of Festival' are BBC sessions recorded
at Maida Vale studio?  The standard procedure for those was (and still is,
AFAIK) for the band to do one (live) tracking session followed by one set
of overdubs (usually just vocals), so this would be entirely plausible ...

    -Doug
     email?