OFF: Farflung yet again (was: Drummers)

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed May 9 19:16:01 EDT 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001 18:42:28 EDT, Chuck Rosenberg <Chuckrecs at AOL.COM> wrote:
>In a message dated 5/9/01 12:06:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>ceres at SIRIUS.COM writes:
>
>> At least on tour, that was Bob Lee (also of Clawhammer, Backbiter, the
>>  Amadans, Slotnick, Twink's L.A. "Pink Fairies" & many more), who made my
>>  list yesterday.  Hey Chuck or Dan - did you see him the other week
>>  backing up Twink at the show w/Farflung?  I'd love to hear a report ...
>
>Bob Lee was supposed to be the drummer? Because my friend told me the
>drummer was Brandon LaBelle!

Oops ... sorry if I wasn't being clear.  Bob was the drummer in Twink's
backing band (which IS Bob's band, Backbiter).  Yes, I would assume that
Brandon drummed for Farflung.

>He was a kinda heavy dude w/a glittery shirt. He
>shredded the skins, too.
>Uh...anyway, about the show: Farflung were a blast except
>No keyboards

... I saw them do this one time when they played in Oakland.  I think me &
Scott Telles of ST37 (it was the week they were in town) were the only
people there to see them, so Tommy just played guitar.  It was pretty
cool ... more MC5 than Hawkwind ... but yeah, a little weird.

>Twink and LA Pink Faries: All I can say is--heavy high-octane punk 'n' roll
>from an old guy who was _undoubtably_ one of the forefathers (and a great
>backing band to boot)...

Cool, that's what I would've expected (and, like I keep saying, great
drummer!).

>PS: It wasn't exactly Glastonbury '71

I wouldn't have expected THAT!  (but I certainly would've been ecstaticly
surprised...)  Thanks for the report,

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com