TEN SECONDS OVER CROYDON

Cerberus cerberus at AVON666.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Mar 26 08:09:43 EST 2001

Standing in the Fairfield halls after the gig.  As the equipment is packed away, you can still feel the electric in the air....the after-vibe of the musical miracle that is Hawkwind.

This show was outstanding.  Sure there were faults, but that's what makes it so real......a chaotic happening that comes out of nowhere and wastes your head, and that is what you went for.....I hope.

So it goes, the band have the uncanny ability to freeze time and transport you to the higher ground.....this ain't no lie people.  During "You better believe it" overdrive kicked in.....the swirling vortex on the projection backdrop just absorbed the neural circuitry and shorted out the brain.  Images of Ron silhouetted against shafts of light cutting through the smoke are something that quickly become engraved in the subconscious.  The sensation as the bands warp-drive take our already frazzled consciousness to the higher plains should be preserved and bottled until time is no more.  You cant touch this.....all else is gaslight.

Got a sense of humour?, lets aim the smoke machine at the orange clad security (sic) staff, and smoke them out!.....its about anarchy on so many levels that it just sends your head spinning.

The Ken Barlow Druidic mantra should be rush released immediately, as it must surely be the basis for a new "Ritual" recording.

Still taking time to assimilate all that went on, but can definitely say that we had a really brilliant night.  The band were tight, the smoke in abundance, the lights constantly dancing,  and the audience in good humour and complete homage, a really friendly, chaotic, spaced vibe, making for another gig to remember.  Our thanks to Kris, Dave and the Band for their kindness and hospitality.  And our pleasure in having the opportunity to enjoy all this with our good friends Eli and Paula.

See you at Aldershot next weekend.........for the next instalment of the Captain's Chronicles.

GARY&ANNA