HW:Croydon...Mission debrief

Al Ogilvy Alogilvy at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 26 03:26:49 EST 2001

 Wow...What a night. (and for me that was the hassle of not knowing wether
getting there was on or not...and when we finally decided , the hassle of
actually getting there.....Same county, but without a car easier to get to
the other side of the planet)
 But despite the above....Wow what a night.
 Dont expect a set list....still adjusting my mind...plus there were a couple
of things I didnt recognise.
 Bedouin were Brilliant....Even tighter than brixton...Roll on 7th april at
Putney !
 Huw...Seemed a little out of it, but a good solo set none the less....rocky
paths unplugged ..
 HW.....What can I say...A real festival vibe about the whole thing ..That
indescribable atmosphere of informal chaos, but when the engines kicked
in...as tight as any gig I can recall. " One big happy family" dave said as
everyone came down to the front of stage , and I reckon he was right.
 Musically, with apologies for interstellar jetlag....Assault and battery /
Golden void   ...A couple of things I didnt recognise, but one of my
travelling companions said Brockspace was in there.....Something with lyrics
that went " I dont know whats in store for me"..Im sorry, i really didnt
recognise it but it was briliant...Whatever it was can someone post the
lyrics ?...What else can i recalll...Hmmm ..High Rise was excellent (drum
free version).....Spirit of the age, absolutely Blinding...One of the best I
can remember......I also recollect Ron reading Owl and the Pusseycat over
something " what a beautiful pussy you are" Indeed.
 Excuse confusion but I've had 3 hours sleep, got my kids off to school, and
Im struggling to get ready for work....got to go...Oh yeh, final
word...Louise, who was a total HW virgin till last night...After the gig ,on
the train said ..."Wow...Brilliant...Can we go to Aldershot next week
?"......And, Y'Know, I think we might !!

( One more conversion to the Church of Hawkwind !!...Praise the Spaceborne
spirit of Bob !!)....