BOC: CotHM

Joseph Brooks jbrooks1 at HOME.COM
Mon Jun 25 21:09:01 EDT 2001

Fantastic review.. Very well put. If you see any review of CotHM this
summer, see this one! Unfortunately, this is exactly what I would have
written were I as eloquent. I especially like the part about the good ol'
spooky/scary BOC that we all loved. They're dead and gone I guess. The new
BOC is just way too homogenized. CotHM is better than HF but not by much.

When I reviewed HF here, on its release, someone on the list (accurately)
criticized me for wanting "Secret Treaties II and having sour grapes when I
didn't get it. I guess I can't really argue that anymore. What I've come to
realize though is that after all these years, this incarnation of BOC just
isn't capable of doing anything close to "Secret Treaties II". This is a sad
realization for me.. I've been a fan since 1974 and BOC will always hold a
soft spot in my black heart for no other reason than being the creators of
the soundtrack of my life.. But I find the current incarnation of BOC to be
bland, uninteresting and unintentionally funny (like a B-Movie).

You can't go back, I guess...

JB

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" -
Phish