HW: Bored while watching the election online

Sebastian Welton sebastian at WELTON.DE
Thu Jun 7 19:56:05 EDT 2001

While watching the count come I decided to trawl the web looking for
Hawkwind and related stuff that doesn't seem to have been mentioned here:

- Hawkwind (along with Abba) were used as the soundtrack to a
Swedish/Danish/Italian film called Tillsammans directed by Lukas Moodysson
in 2000 (I think I might have seen this actually)

- There's a very nice poster called Fantasy by Peter Pracownik based on
Hawkwind (DM23 from www.poster.de)

- There are 2 Burg Herzberg CD's available of which the first contains
Hawkwind playing Love In Space (also includes Gong, Guru Guru, Faust, etc.)

- There's a 700W horn system (at DM13,340) and a 1800W bass reflex speaker
(at DM5,742) under the model range Hawkwind and there' a PA system called
Hawkwind

- You can get a nice poster of the line-up of the Hot Rock Night festival
(1973) featuring Hawkwind and others (from www.rockart.de)

- Jimmy Cauty (he of KLF fame) released a remake of Silver Machine calling
himself Scourge Of The Earth which is available on the I Don't Know What You
Want But I Can't Give It Any More sampler (any other versions of this as
this is only a radio edit? And I wouldn't mind a copy)

- There's a track on the album Nani Nani by Dekoboko Hajime called Bad
Hawkwind

- A cover version of Silver Machine by Payola/Sissies/Smoke Blow on the 10"
album The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

That's enough crap...looks like Labour have done it again...time for bed...

MfG / Regards

Sebastian Welton - sebastian at welton.de