BOC / HW: Test - ignore

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Fri Jul 6 20:52:47 EDT 2001

> I hope I'm back.

Oh good, I am.  The reason I haven't posted for a while is because the
address I originally had for this list now won't let me send email out.
I've tried a few times to get resubscribed on a different address, and I've
only got read access.  Now I can post.  Hurrah.  (I'm not having a go here,
I suspect it was my fault.)  :-)

Right, a few things I've been trying to talk about - some of which are
rather out of date.

1.  Many thanks to Kevin "Sonic Authority" Perry for forwarding me the
Evening Standard review of Brixton.  Cheers Kev!
2.  Many thanks to Messrs Gilham and Anderson for a top night out at
Girlschool.  Anyone who hasn't twigged yet, you NEED to download / see the
Suffrajets (Girlschool's support).  If you can get over the fact that they
need to expand their record collections past "Nevermind" (They're only
eighteen ferchrisssake), they're fantastic.
3.  Mirrors.  I *love* Mirrors.  The one track that no-one's mentioned yet
is "Mirrors" itself.  If anyone who knocks it out there can write a better
line than "A mirror is a negative space with a frame" then they're entitled
to knock it.  Admittedly, it's not Secret Treaties, but what is?  The whole
album is Blue Oyster Cult doing pop music.  If that's a problem, so be it.
Led Zep IV was pop music, and I never hear anyone knocking that.
4.  Stalk Forrest Group.  It's wonderful.  I'd only heard "Arthur Comics"
and "What is Quicksand?" before, on a tape that a friend gave me and I
subsequently lost.  And yes, I've waited for the best part of twenty years
(from when I first got into BOC) to hear Gil Blanco County.  And yes, it's
worth it.  For what it's worth, the reason I first bought a CD player was
because "Beginnings" by Ambrose Slade was rereleased on CD.  I bought the CD
and then had to go and buy a CD player.  Listening to "St. Cecilia...." did
the same thing for me as listening to "Beginnings" did.
5.  There's a new Half Man Half Biscuit single (actually, I reckon six
tracks makes it a mini album) out.  Go and buy it.
6. This should really be number one in my list, but hey, I'm a bit drunk.
The lovely Gillian did me the great honour the other day of agreeing to
become Mrs Lockwood.  There's a picture of the most beautiful woman in the
world (along with some fat bastard - not sure who he is - oh, that'd be me)
at http://pictures.friendsreunited.co.uk/pictures/0046173.jpg
7.  Since I've been living with the aforementioned Gillian, my stereo seems
to have developed a major fault.  I can be listening to "Quark, Strangeness
and Charm", then I go to make Gill a coffee.  I get back into the living
room and discover that the stereo has mysteriously retuned itself to
"Dancing Through The 80's With 'Disco' Bloody Danny Petroni".  If anyone has
any ideas for a fix, they'd be much appreciated.
8.  I'm broadcasting a load of bizarre sh*t over the net on Live365.com.  Go
to www.live365.com and search for "richl".  Then go for Beer Powered Radio
Frenzy.  All kinds of nonsense on there - Motorhead to David Dundas, The
Bonzos to The Reynolds Girls.  Ironic Radio a-go-go.  :-)
9.  BEER POWERED NOISE FRENZY are on their way back into the rehearsal room.
Dates to follow.  :-)

That's about it for now.  Sorry I've banged on for so long, but I've been
storing all that lot up for months.  Still, I'm back now.  (Cue:  OH SHIT,
NOT HIM AGAIN!)

;-)

Cheers,,

Rich.

ObToonOnBPRF:  Demons - The Edgar Broughton Band.