HW: Astoria

Sat Jan 20 22:04:51 EST 2001

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, bedroom trancer wrote:

> i think your assuming quite a bit there, maybe huw didn't want to play as he
> might of heard some of the negative feedback of this mailing list?
>
> anyway huw played a blinder during his solo set

        Well, I think there's a lot of problems with that. Firstly, Huw
doesn't post here - when LLG info makes it to BOC-L it comes from someone,
I forget who, who forwards it from his wife Marion. So I doubt very much
that he read anything we posted. If he heard about it it would either be
through that person, if he knows Huw, or through Dave Brock. In either
case BOC-L weren't the whole crowd at the Astoria and we don't control the
band, and I'd very surprised if someone of Huw's vintage in show business
would let a bad review or two stop him playing his next show if he were
offered it. I think Dave wanted to be running the show, so, no original
members. But that's just my opinion and that's all it's good for. Yours,

Jon

--
                Jonathan Jarrett              103 Hobart Road,
          jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk        Cambridge