OFF: Gov't Mule

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Jan 16 06:36:57 EST 2001

On 15 Jan 01, at 8:27, Brian Halligan wrote:

> Paul Wrote:
> > Do you have the Halloween '98 moe. show?  I only have that on
> > cassette, and would like to get a CD-R copy.  "Smokin'" Joe
> > Bonomasso(sp?) guests with them during the gig.  Now talk about hot
> > guitar!
>
> I haven't heard this, but a few of us on the list got to see Joe
> Bonomassa guest with BOC for the encore in New Hartford, NY, outside
> of Utica, his hometown. He played "Slow Down" on Allen's guitar and
> traded some amazing licks with Buck. Joe's solo gigs are pretty
> impressive as well. He has a new album out on a major label, but I
> haven't heard it yet.

Joe [no longer Smokin'] Bonamassa's new CD is New Day
Yesterday, and it is amazing!  Joe trods little too close to his
influences at times [too much like Gary Moore's 'blues' albums and a
couple too many Eric Johnson licks] but in general, it's great stuff.
The rest of the band, esp bassist Cremo Liss can rock out too.  And
Joe can really pull it off live as well.  Definitely get the CD and see
him on tour...

theo