Technical Skill etc.

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 10 18:49:47 EST 2001

I'll just pop my 2 cents into this to 2nd the GBV motion for totally
incredible. this Lp is a masterpiece. songsculpturing at its best. (George W.
Bush said that)
bob

In a message dated 1/10/01 3:22:12 PM Pacific Standard Time, jmajka2 at HOME.COM
writes:

> yeah I'd have to say that technical skill has very very little to do with
>  musical quality.  Thus we have examples like Yngwie, a technical master who
>  totally sucks, and a band like Guided By Voices (relatively unskilled
during
>  "Alien Lanes" era) who are totally fucking ingenious.  It's not about the
>  skills... it's what you do with them...
>  John Majka

Hawkwind: Time & Space Website
http://members.aol.com/Hawkwinder/hawkwindrulesindex.html