HW: archives

Sun Jan 7 21:07:49 EST 2001

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:

> Furkling round the Andy G paperwork mess this afternoon, I found the old EBS
> release sheet that they put out to us in '97 and this is what was on it:
> EBSCD 125   Spyro-gyra     Tribe Of Cro    Released
>               126 Spiral galaxy     Simon House   August
>                      Revisited
>               127 Distant Horizons Psychedelic Warriors  On
>
> Hold
>               128 PXR 5              Hawkwind        TBA
>               129 Brock 7696      Dave Brock       August
>              130 Red Chaos     Harvey Bainbridge On Hold
>              131 Trip Switch     Jack London        August
>                                         (formerly ROM)
>              132 Potlach      Tribe Of Cro             August
>              133 Bedouin   Alan Davey's Bedouin  August
>              134Warrior On The  Hawkwind         TBA
>                     Edge Of Time
>              135 Chronicles Of The  Hawkwind     TBA
>                     Black Sword
>              136 Church Of       Hawkwind            TBA
>              137 Out and Intakes Hawkwind        TBA
>              138 Hawkwlords Live  Hawklords     TBA
>              139 New Studio Album Hawkwind    TBA
>
> Clearly the intention was to do a reissue programme but nothing ever
> happened - so are EBS still a going concern or will all this now fall into
> the hands of Voiceprint or Griffin or both?

        Not so sure about the reissue programme. Or rather, yes, that's
obviously what was intnded  except that apart from _PXR5_ (which I don't
understand) it's all stuff that was on Dojo. Since Dojo have now
disappeared beneath the waters I assume that EBS bought up their section
of the HW catalogue just before they stalled forever. So it might yet make
it to Griffin.

        As I understand it though EBS and Voiceprint are not connected and
Voiceprint are getting their material direct from Dave, so if it was owned
by EBS it won't get to Voiceprint. Someone with better knowledge feel free
to correct me though. Yours,
                             Jon

     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)       jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk