OFF: " atmospheric, like hawkwind, japanese [?] lady vocalist"

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Feb 25 09:02:57 EST 2001

In message <a8.1190477a.27ca5d8f at aol.com>, DASLUD at AOL.COM writes
>and my friend Diana wrote me last night: ::
>

><<heard this radio show that was featuring some syd barrett thing and then
>they were playing something that reminded me of hawkwind -- very atmospheric
>-- but they had a japanese (i think) woman singing. her singing style
>reminded me of kate bush.
>i really liked the combination but never found out what group it was.
>
>probably you'll have no idea either. i would have liked to hear more.>>
>=====
>...and she was tight! i have no idea.
>
>but perhaps someone amongst ye can clue us in.
>
>thanks, gang!
>
>"<>"

Not sure, but I recall reading about an all-female Japanese space/psych band
- they played some dates with Daevid Allen in the States recently- maybe
the same band? Can't remember the name. Anyone?
--
Nick Medford