HW: last few questions for the famous spin-offs file

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Mon Feb 5 21:04:29 EST 2001

Assuming that the www interface at listserv.spc.edu will allow, here's a
couple of answers ...

>4. Did Simon House come from Magic Muscle to Hawkwind or direct from
>High Tide?

Immediately after High Tide (who split in 1971), Simon joined the Third Ear
Band for their 'MacBeth' soundtrack (movie: '71, soundtrack: '72).  He
would have been guesting with Magic Muscle at around the same time.

>1. Deviants, _Have Left the Planet_ - what are the names of the 1978
>tracks which feature Alan Powell?

As someone else already stated, "Let's Loot The Supermarket (again like we
did last summer)" is the only '78 track on 'Have Left the Planet'.  The
other 3 songs from the "Screwed Up" (title track, "Outrageous Contagious"
and "Shock Horror Probe Looming") 7"EP appear on the 'Fragments of Broken
Probes' CD.  Paul Rudolph is also on all four of those tracks.  There's
also a new American-released anthology on Total Energy/Alive that
includes "Screwed Up" and "Let's Loot the Supermarket...".

>2. Tanz der Youth - what was the name of their single single?

As someone else already mentioned, "I'm Sorry I'm Sorry" was one side; I'll
looke up the other one at home tonight.

    -Doug (good to be back - sort of!)
     ceres at sirius.com