OFF: Legendary Pink Dots

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Dec 31 19:26:56 EST 2001

Bart speaketh...

>> Martijn de Kleer (Edwin van Trippenhof) Guitar/Bass          1992-
>He also played in the Dungeon Dweller who opened for Hawkwind
>in Paradiso Amsterdam March 12 1991. i think he has left the LPD
>now. At least he wasn't with them during the recent European tour
>and Bert (the merchandising guy) told me something like that.

Hmmm...I went back to the brainwashed site to see if he truly was gone, and
on the News page there I didn't see mention of him leaving.  But then it did
say that Ryan Moore had left!

And it also has a band statement that says...

"To put it mildly, it has been a traumatic year so far. Unexpected and
unwelcomed changes in the Dots' line-up could not have occurred at a more
awkward time"

which would indeed seem to indicate that perhaps more than one had left.

Well, losing Moore is no great loss, since he was kind of a marginal player
anyway.  And obviously a bit of a nut, but then that sort of colorful
individual often gives the band a little more flavor, as we all know.
deKleer would be the real loss, talentwise.  Though as it seems LPD
sometimes went drummerless in the past, I think it would actually be more
important (from my perspective) to get someone in there behind the skins.
Hard to do a good live show without a drummer IMHO.

Well, it does say further in the statement that...

"there are tentative plans to work with a drummer, a cello player and even a
brass band"

The first two are fine, but gagh...a brass band?  No thank you.

HNY...Grakkl (FAA)