Off: Re: Ginger Baker, Dublin, Posting to list by mistake and Moderation of List

Chris Warburton desdinova at MADASAFISH.COM
Wed Aug 15 20:10:11 EDT 2001

At 00:46 16/08/01, you wrote:
>Yeah; Ginger is/was a great drummer.... but then you see him and his roadies
>fighting on stage with Roy Harper about RH playing a few minutes over his
>time limit at Glastonbury ('81 I think), eventually pulling the plug and
>busting some equipment in order to get Harper offstage and you just sigh at
>another primadonna asshole

I concur - though I haven't seen the vid footage, I've been around long
enough to know about Ginger's more unfortunate(?) personality
traits.   Apparently the U.S. has finally kicked him off his horse ranch
(taxes?) & according to a second hand report of Jack Bruce's interview on
Jonathan Ross, GB is now living in semi-squalor in South Africa & is broke
(again!).

>Chris W; heck you are lucky you didn't post your credit card number to the
>list with your snailmail address.... I wouldn't have, but you can bet **
>someone ** would be off on a spree with it by now, maybe posts like that
>should be moderated just to protect the sender?

Yes... big oops there - I'd even cut Andy's mail addy ready to overwrite
after I hit reply - but I never put the two items in the same mail for that
very reason.  Needless to say, if anybody wants to get acquainted, you know
where I live. Limited crash space available for after the Hitchin Town Hall
show - it's just down the road; priority to the long distance visitors! *g*

>And this leads nicely up to
>:
>
>re: Ben's  The current significantly off-topic stuff stops NOW.
>Hooray and thankyou! Was about to chuck it all in.......

I'd  not got that far, but my delete button is looking v. tired tonight
after catching up on 2-3 weeks worth of mail!!!

ChrisW