Mr. Calvert a punk?

JayneWallis jayne at WALLISFAMILY.KAROO.CO.UK
Sun Aug 12 16:33:43 EDT 2001

The key line is "among other things". There's absolutely no doubt that Bob Calvert was a character actor - URBAN GUERILLA wasn't meant to be taken literally - it was a rant against the utter inneffectiveness of "flower power". I didn't describe him as a "punk", but I do believe he was a forerunner (perhaps unknowingly) of British punk rock.
Re "homework" - SOTA was a combination of the lyrics from THE STARFARER'S DESPATCH and THE CLONE'S POEM.
Steve.