spacebrock comments

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at NOVONORDISK.COM
Wed Apr 25 04:43:59 EDT 2001

I just recently got the Spacebrock CD and was very disappointed. I think
whoever made the decision to call it a Hawkwind CD was misleading a lot of
people. It is clearly a Dave Brock solo venture, as I beleive only one track
(Spacebrock) actually has any real band playing. For sure the worst thing
Dave has ever put out. I enjoy a few tracks but it really has the feel that
someone (I woudl guess Dave) went around and just picked up whatever tracks
were laying around and slapped them together. There is no cohesiviness in
the project and it mostly just sound pieces with samples and some vocals,
but not really all the interesting.. I really liked all the other Brock solo
lps but this just does not do it for me.

I really see the end of Hawkwind...... now......sure they will play some
great gigs but the last real HW cd was in 1994 with ALien 4....Distant
Horizons was just several disjointed musical pieces slung together for the
masses... Don't you think..

I am enjoying the Wierd cds a lot but am disappointed we did not get
anything new with them at all. Sound is also not really any better than the
best copies of the tapes I have heard.

Just some ranting to annoy the masses..

scott

ObCD- Gas Giant vs. WE- Riding the Red Horse to the Last Stronghold of the
Freaks (promo CD- due out in may on Burnt Hippie Recordings)