HW: Recent v Old (revisited)

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Apr 14 14:59:52 EDT 2001

In a bid to get the list back on-topic I re-post my critique of Hawkwind now
up-dated to 2001. Those new to the list feel free to comment, those who
contributed last time - have a second helping or second swipe. It generated
a huge discussion last time may be we'll see some new and different opinions
this time around.

For me Hawkwind, when on form, can be one of the best gigs around. For two
periods one in the late eighties and another they appeared to be in a rut.
Then lo and behold they pull a corker out of the bag. What I'd like to see
is a period of consistent gigs (not difficult for them) and studio output -
a bit more difficult. When I say consistent I don't mean live greatest hits
package year in year out, although I'm sure some on the list would be happy
for them to retread Space Ritual, with some tacks fom HotMG and Warrior,
indefinately. We've all got the records, we can listen to them anytime.
I'd love to buy a new release, with tracks that I don't know, slip it into
the machine....and ...

Then see them on tour!!
Kris if you're reading this I can reccomend the Old Fruitmarket in Glasgow
for a gig. Saw the Jayhawks there last time around - excellent and unique
venue.

See you all at the gigs hopefully

Dave