HW: HELLO STEVE!...

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Apr 10 12:17:05 EDT 2001

Jim via Steve said...

>Hello Steve!
>Just letting you know that I am back from England. I had a good time and
>it was quite fruitful.
>I saw the postings on BOC-L and I would like you to post the following
>letter from me on the BOC-L to clear up some of this misunderstanding.

Thanks for taking the time to write this, Jim.  I'm not so sure there was a
'misunderstanding' as much as a 'lack of understanding.'  As I was
thinking/requesting, all anyone needed/wanted was a bit of background info
about how/why/when these recordings were being offered in the marketplace.
And now we know.  Thanks very much.  In fact, I'd already sent in my order
for all three before I read this, so I had already come to the conclusion
(with some add'l info from a few other boc-l folks privately) that
everything was cool about them and that I'd like to have them.

>I am starting to arrange a fall tour (probably October) featuring Harvey
>Bainbridge (with an all new show) and Mr. Quimby's Beard. I saw them
>live and THEY ARE KILLER!!! A phenomenal show. This IS the band we have
>been waiting for! We will probably be booking shows in different cities
>with Nucleon, Quarkspace, Skye Klad and any others who are interested.
>Stange Trips will also be doing a large indoor show in Cleveland with
>these bands at that time in place of the Strange Daze Festival. We have
>heard from a lot of people who have wanted us to do an indoor show for
>quite a while because they weren't really campers. With the cost of the
>campground eating up a large chunk of our money it only makes sense to
>try it out.

This is all great news!  As you (and a few other boc-l folks) know, the
Quarkspace indoor thingy turned out really well (musically-speaking).
Perhaps in Cleveland the turnout will be better.  Let me be the first to
encourage all you fine folks to travel *within* the North American
continent, rather than continue flying back and fourth across the ocean,
spreading viruses with your shoes all the while.  :)

Grakkl (FAA)