BOC: X-Brothers, Heaven Forbid, Brain Surgeons

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Thu Sep 14 10:36:46 EDT 2000

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 05:29:09PM -0400, Jean Lansford wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, John A. Swartz wrote:
>
> >Well, maybe Al should repost Steve Swann's review of *Eponymous*...  ;-)
>
> IIRC, it went:
>
> It's funky, it's rappin', it sucks.

Actually, it was: "It's jazzy, it's funky, it's rappin', it sucks."  I
remember this very clearly, because of my exquisite embarrassment on
finding out that Al was reading the list when I posted that.

 "And thank you for bringing up that very painful memory.  While
  you're at it, why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon
  juice on it?"
                         - Miracle Max, from _The Princess Bride_

Of course, _Eponymous_ contains what eventually ended up being some of
my favorite Brain Surgeons tunes...

Steve
hoping to avoid a relapse of foot-in-mouth disease.