HW: Hawkestra

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Oct 26 14:52:53 EDT 2000

In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0010252252360.18618-100000 at chiark.greenend.
org.uk>, Kirsten Procter <kprocter at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK>
writes
>Apologies for the useless message. What I meant to say was that I didn't
>notice Mr. Dettmar until he took his bow, but then this may only be
>because I wasn't listening for him and hadn't seen him. I'm sure he did
>contribute valuable swoosh, I just rather do the 'Oooh, swoosh' but not
>bother where exactly it's coming from thing... those around me did look
>slightly surprosed when he took his bow, though.

He was definitely there throughout the whole Space Ritual bit, and I think
for a little while beforehand too. Problem is he was quite some way back in
the corner and, being somewhat gnomic in physique, he probably wasn't
visible from everywhere in the hall. How much he contributed I don't know
but it seemed like Messrs Blake and Swindells were the real keyboard stars.
Bit surprised Harvey wasn't on for longer though.

Dikmik may have done a bit of swooshing etc. but most of the time he was
loafing in the wings with a huge grin on his face. Fair enough.

Someone speculated that the guy in front of Tim Blake might have been
Keith Hale but surely it was Jon "Liquid Len" Smeeton operating the
lightshow projections.

It is pretty amusing that none of us is sure what they saw and heard but I
think this was one of those occasions where if you remember it exactly, then
you weren't really there!
--
Nick Medford