HW: Hawkestra 21.10.2000

Chris Warburton cwarburton at RDF-CONSULTING.CO.UK
Mon Oct 23 09:15:10 EDT 2000

My feeling on the subject after Saturday is that Alan is the Kompleat
spacebassplayer, but Lemmy has a special magic, particularly in the context
of the SR material.  It would have been interesting to hear them play
Motorhead n'est-ce pas?

> Alan was really pumped up, and I agree that he probably went
> a bit over the top trying to out play Lemmy (how close one
> wonders before Lemmy would have smacked him one!).

mmm, yeah... strange mix of idolisation, collaboration & rivalry (cf. my
earlier comments re. "Psychedelic Warlords")

> Why don't we have a poll: Best/(or worst if you want) band
> member, best(or worst song).
>
> My votes are for Alan Davey/Sprit of the age

Definitely three big cheers for Alan's energy and enthusiasm - I wish I got
that much fun out of my work *g*

ChrisW