Discovering Porcupine Tree!

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Wed Oct 11 15:51:01 EDT 2000

Hi all out there.

Some time ago,as a result of reading the postings on this site,I noted
quite a few mentions of Porcupine Tree.
I'd never heard them.......so I popped into a Virgin Megasore and purchased
the only Porcupine CD they had.....'Stupid Dream'.
Initial listening I thought....."so so", BUT its been growing on me ever since.
Yesterday bought 'Lightbulb Sun'..............(I've only played it once
...so far)

So far I can't spot any real similarities with Hawkwind on either of these
2 albums.But perhaps there is someone out there who could guide me to some
essential PT albums in order to expand my listening knowledge of this band.

Regards

Melvyn