HW: lyrics/tabs

Thomas Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Fri May 26 05:32:31 EDT 2000

Hi Joe - thanks for the lyrics/chords!

Excellent stuff!

(Hate to criticise, but I reckon that you're playing a semi-tone higher!)
Drop 'em all by one fret and you'll find the playing a lot easier,
especially with the option of open chords etc.   Maybe your music source was
playing out of true concert-pitch!  That said - It is great to have the
info, as dropping by a semitone is pretty easy - thanks again!

Has any body noticed that Silver Machine was originally recorded in G  ( ie.
G, A, C, D) but after live '79 (I think) it was transposed to A, ( A, B, D,
E).  Probably when Dave started singing it, in a preferred pitch. It is
certainly in A, on the Reading '86 CD. I prefer the original pitch, as it
gives more options when playing bass on it

I'm in a band at work, but we do Silver Machine, and are working on PXR5
too! We've really crucified Silver Machine, as we play it as a straight rock
track, and our version evolves into the extended solo from Freebird, tacked
onto the end!  (gotta keep the punters happy ------AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!

Guy