OFF:<<== see? WARNING! the word NAPSTER appears in this post!-_-

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri May 12 21:52:52 EDT 2000

Paul Mather wrote:

> following note (tucked right down at the bottom):
>

> Be Heard! Napster provides maximum exposure for the unsigned artist.
> -->           Want to promote your music on Napster?
> -->     Surf to http://artist.napster.com/ to find out how!
> <<<<<
>
> So, I duly "surfed" on over to that WWW site and discovered I could
> search for artistes.  In fact, the search box informed me:
>
>         Type in a specific artist name to search for new
>         artists. Or, enter the name of a popular musician to
>         find new artists that sound similar.
>
> Again, I entered "das ludicroix," "daslud," and "disarray," but each
> time I got "Your search returned no results." :-(  (I guess that's that
> "maximum exposure for the unsigned artist" working overtime.;)

Why am I not surprised?

> I'm beginning to think that napster is not the utopian service people
> are having me believe... ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.
>
> PS: Searches for artists similar to "hawkwind" yielded "Tubilah
> Dog," "Undesire," and "Acid Wench."  Only one artist was professed
> similar to Blue Oyster Cult: "Door64."
>
> PPS: I couldn't find anything on napster by Al Bouchard, either, unless
> you count about three dozen BOC tracks (about 75% of which were "(Don't
> Fear) The Reaper"---yeah, we need more exposure for that obscure
> song!:), and I doubt they were made available with permission...

This whole debate is ludicrous. Napster provides exposure for new artists
as long as you name is Metallica or Madonna or Korn or any other popular
group who needs more exposure like a trapanation job.