BRAIN/BOC: interview w/ Deborah Frost

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed May 3 17:05:49 EDT 2000

> >  Deborah Frost:If you are referring to songs that Albert wrote
> > earlier in his career, of course we play them. A better question
> > might be why the band that tours as BOC irregardless of who's
> > playing on any given night so heavily relies on the material and
> > contributions of someone who's been gone for almost 2 decades.

Funny, 3OC's lineup has been pretty much static the last 3 years,
whilst tBS's has just changed!  And I guess Albert told Buck exactly
how to play all those great solos, right?  Hard to believe that a guy
that elsewhere in the article Deb desribes as very talented and
bemoans the lack of recognition thereof, now is accused of being an
unoriginal carion bird!

theo