Combo gtr/vcl/songwriters

Wed Mar 29 17:15:36 EST 2000

Joey Burns of Calexico - caught him with John Convertino in a low-key gig
last night, just the two guys, playing some old stuff, some new stuff...
Hypnotically brilliant.  And "The Ballad of Cable Hogue," which will be the
new single, is terrific!

And did my ears deceive me, or did Joey dedicate the last song to Manu Chao?
Of Mano Negra/_Clandestino_ fame?  Everything's connected, I tell you!

Have to mention their old mucker from Giant Sand, Howe Gelb, as well (and
I'm seeing him on Friday).

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk