HW: FAO Dave Brock

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 21 06:04:37 EST 2000

Just a thought: I know some folks at Hawkwind were interested in the
Brainstorm and Silver Machine tracks (probably from Maida Vale 1972)
which appeared on the Brian Matthews Top of The Pops Radio Show BBC
Transcription Disc.  Or at least they were until Doug got annoyed when
Persons Known But Unmentioned bootlegged a poor tape copy to CD (I was
more than a bit cross myself as the only person who got a tape was
under strict instruction not to pass it on).  However, if they're
still useful for something like the new Weird Tapes project then I'd be
happy to get digitised copies sent down.

Curious though: and I realise it's many moons, but was that the same gig
they recorded for the Top of the Pops TV show in order to get film for
Silver Machine?

FoFP