BOC-L Digest - 16 Mar 2000 to 17 Mar 2000

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Mar 20 17:32:55 EST 2000

"Ted Jackson jr." wrote:

> On 20 Mar 00, at 14:20, Andy Gilham wrote:
>
> > > Well, I think there were a lot of folks in the Black Sabbath camp
> > > that thought BOC didn't belong on tour with THEM since they were so
> > > much bigger commercially than BOC.  I seem to recall a quote to that
> > > effect in an 80s rag from possibly Dio.
>
> Hmm...Consider the source of the quote.

There was quite a bit rivalry there as we always were quick to admit Sab's
influence on us and Ozzy seemed to take it as a compliment. However, Dio
(AKA Ronny James Dio) was from upstate (remember Ronnie Dio and the
Prophets or Elf?) and always had a little rivalry with all upstate bands
several of which BOC members were in. Silly now in retrospect.