BOC: Joe Satriani (Imaginos)

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jun 20 23:13:30 EDT 2000

Brian Halligan wrote:

> John wrote:
>
> >On a related note, Joe's latest CD, "Engines of Creation" has a feature
> >about it on the Apple Computer website - seems Joe does alot of music
> >work with Macs these days, as I know Albert does as well.

Pearlman brought JS on board Imaginos after I was out of the loop so I have no
idea how it happened. He'd already a record out by then I think.

> So does Buck, right? Which leads me to his and Al's team-up on the Helen
> Wheels tribute CD. Is the Skeleton Crew playing on the album? Who else will
> be contributing? And who is engineering and producing it? It would be nice
> if Paul Special could do it, but I've read that he's been very busy
> recording other artists. Al, have you and Deborah and Buck taken these jobs
> on to make sure everything is the way you guys think it should be or have
> you brought someone to help? I'm really looking forward to hearing the
> tunes that weren't on Archetype. And especially to hear Al and Buck play
> together again!

Paul Orfino engineered the live tracks. We'll probably put the songs together
in our own home studios and Paul Special has signed on to mix. Skeleton Crew
is recording a song upstate that they will submit before the deadline
(November) so that we can get this our by January.