HW - Starfield, Spacehead, etc

Thu Jun 1 19:33:43 EDT 2000

Thanks Keith - must have been tired from the drive last night, as I got
things wrong a bit.
First, Jerry wants the Krel report by tomorrow night and I've got no chance,
so look out for that, on down the line , as the Roches once said.
As regards Gong Est Mort, yes it turns out the one on Celluloid is out and
that Voiceprint (yes, them yet again) here in the UK are importing copies
rather than releasing it.
The Spacehead CD is 'Escape Velocity Preview' NOT 'Earth Ritual Preview' -
freudian slip!!!!
Starfield is the brainchild of Captain Black (who played keys with the hawks
at the Exeter leg of the last mini-tour), he's from that area of the UK
(South west), it's done with Bedouin's new vocalist Danny Faulkner, is
mostly instrumental, with samples, on his own label, is a CD-R but great
production and it's very much in the vein of '70's Hawks but no mere
copyist, although I did find myself humnming along the riff to 'Brainstorm'
at one point. Composed rather than improvved, I've completely forgotten the
title here and now (something like'Return To Earth' or similar, but there's
a review on my web site in full at:
http://www.andygee.dial.pipex.com/album.htm
and so far some Hawkfans who've trusted me, bought it, and come back with an
opinion, have all said that they can't stop playing it. I think they are
sending AI a review copy but right now we seem to be swallowing them as fast
as they can produce them.
New release info from today is that, due in stock tomorrow, will be a brand
new album, one of three released simultaneously, from a UK group called
46.000 Fibres, the whole album of which features Nik Turner, while the other
two albums feature Lol Coxhill (ex-Caravan) and ambient sampler Scanner,
respectively. Now THAT promises to be weird - can't wait to hear them.
All for tonight,
Andy G'b
listening to the new Escapade album and being very surprised!!!