HW: is Harvey still on tour?

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jul 14 16:03:28 EDT 2000

John asks...

>So we've heard that Star Nation has cancelled but I'm wondering if Harvey
>Bainbridge is still going to be coming to the USA during those dates or
>what?  Jim?

Yes, Harvey will still be performing at least most of those shows.  I know
that here in Columbus, the show is on with just Harvey and Quarkspace, and
it will indeed remain at Little Bros.  I guess Monday night shows never draw
a crowd and so low attendance is more or less the 'norm.'

I think Dan said the Milwaukee show was off, but I didn't see it removed
from Jim's site yet.  Minneapolis is still on, as is Philly for sure.  I
assume Chicago and the NYC Knitting Factory are still a go as well?  Don't
know if anything else will materialize between now and then...prolly not.

>I see that venues have billed the show as "Hawkwind"  as per
>usual deceitfulness....

Well, when the band didn't have a name until last week, it was hard to bill
them as *anything*.  :)  But yes, Paul (of Quarkspace) has been checking to
make sure it is billed correctly in Columbus at least.

>I actually know people who claim to have seen
>hawkwind several times, but yet they haven't yet seen the Dave Brock version
>of hawkwind, which I think is a riot!  Inevitably, Nik and any ex-Hawk gets
>billed as HW.  I actually have a ticket for a show in 1989 (or maybe 1990)
>which was actually Huw Lloyd Langton playing the Avalon in Chicago, but the
>ticketmaster ticket clearly says "Hawkwind"....and then of course the whole
>tour was cancelled....no surprise there.

Hmmmm...I don't think Huw was ever to tour here solo, unless I missed
something!  That sounds like the first "Next Generation" HW tour that was
scheduled (while Huw was still a member) and then postponed (which led to
Huw leaving).  Ostensibly the Xenon Codex tour, which they played exactly
nothing from, IIRC.  It happened with the four-piece unit in late
Sept.-early Oct. '89 I believe.  I was at the Toronto show which was the
opening gig...first show in America in over 10 years.

So, I think that *was* a Hawkwind show that you had a ticket for.

Grakkl (FAA)

Is DikMik's Hawkwind touring Spain now?  :)  90 minute performance of
Electronic No. 1.  Hey, Doug P., can you do a cover of that at SD'2K to fill
the Sat. eve. slot?  :)