HW: Hawkwind at Strange Daze 98 MPEG audio

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jan 13 10:27:52 EST 2000

Paul Mather writes:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Kevin Sommers wrote:
>
> => Sorry, but I can't agree with the sentiment here.  I like bootlegs.  There,
> => I said it.  The pros and cons of them have been debated widely, and kind of
> => like religion or politics, debates generally probably won't make people
> => change their minds.  I have bought boots on eBay (not Hawkwind, but others)
> => and hopefully will continue to do so.  I don't buy boots unless I like the
> => band enough to have most (or all) of their official stuff already.
>
> Well, my response wasn't really about bootlegs per se (I have 'em too),
> but more of a response to earlier messages (and an erroneous perception
> of your own message) about how best to remove bootleg auctions from
> eBay.
>
> I have to admit, I'm a bit tempted to e-mail the current high bidder and
> let them know that instead of paying $45, they can download MPEG audio

45 Dollars????

Sod it.  The minute I get my outstanding stuff for Bernhard and Dan Witt
sorted out for the '99 tour tree (now thankfully in progress) I'm gonna
make a WAV CD from the MP3's on Paul's site.  A third of that price
would still cover costs and a little time.

I'm not as against bootlegs as I am repeated reissue of the Dave
Anderson stuff but I am against complete ripoffs.

> Paul.

FoFP