HW: The Elf and the Hawk

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 23 15:16:55 EST 2000

In a message dated 2/23/00 9:48:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU writes:

> I'm sure this has been covered before, but what exactly is The Elf
>  and the Hawk? (...and where does one obtain a copy of it?)

As Keith said, it is basically Hawkfan 12 and Davey's '87 EP.

Hawkfan 12
Hawkwind--Countdown (BBC Radio 1 version)
"             --Ejection (not a version I'd heard, '82 w/Nik)
Dark Empire--The Human Race
Syndrone-Synprovisation
Hawkwind--Ghost Dance (same version as Undisclosed Files, but shorter; UF
credits the drums to Danny Thompson while Tawn's Hawkfan liner notes credit
Clive Deamer; interesting, since I'd always though the drums during the build
up were pretty dynamic for Thompson)
M. Moorcock's Deep Fix and Brain Tawn--The Tale of the Entropy Tango
Underground Zero--Aimless Flight
Dave Brock--Burn Me Up (this was not originally part of the Hawkfan
record--from whence does this come?? as I said, sounds like '94)
Then the Davey EP:
Solar Gig
Cosmic Dawn
Chinese Whispers
Ode to a Bass Assassin
The Switch (Don't Touch...)

Then two bonus Davey tracks not originally part of the Hawkfan
record--Fractal Hunter and Space Rock (I think these sounded like they were
from the same sessions as the EP)

PXR1--Spirit of the Age (this alone is worth whatever you pay for the disc)