Off: Lemmy in The Wire

Richard Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Fri Feb 4 04:28:15 EST 2000

> >Yes, that magazine that mostly covers "weird shit"...
>
> and in which Lemmy reveals that he has become our parents... or...
>
> Great Bores Of Today:  Lemmy
> "Turn that off, it's horrible!  Call that music?  It's just noise!  At
least we play tunes. And that bass player can't play at all.   We had real
music in our days -- let me tell you about rock 'n' roll: [whistles a
popular tune from 50 years ago].  See?  All those guys were brilliant, not
like this modern rubbish.  And they played their own instruments.  Honestly,
you try and bring your kids up right, and they end up listening to rap and
other nonsense.  No respect, these youngsters..." (contd. p94).

Quite right.  And in our day everything cost sixpence, was made of wood and
lasted forever.  And we lived in a paper bag in a septic tank for three
months...

(etc etc etc to fade...)

:-)

Cheers,