HW: Party and hotel thing

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Fri Dec 15 02:36:25 EST 2000

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 11:08:37PM -0000, Jill Strobridge wrote:
> The New Atlantic
> Hotel is a Budget version of the Vienna group.   No conference
> facilities (though there are communal areas I think)  and prices are
> 43 pounds for a single without en-suite facilities  55 pounds for a
> single with en-suite.   Doubles/twins are 73 pounds without en-suite
> and (something else - I didn't write it down!) with.

This looks good pricewise, but the lack of a meeting room is a
bummer.  Here are two more.

The Royal National (thanks, Arin):
        http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/budgethotels/royalnational/index.html

Perhaps you'd already ruled this one out for some reason, but in
case not: their standard rate is £65 single, £82 double or twin,
£99 triple; and they do mention "Conference and Banqueting
Facilities".  Just off Russell Sq, so a short walk to the venue.

Also the Fielding:
        http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/budgethotels/royalnational/index.html

A bit pricier (£76 single, £100 double or twin), a bit farther
away (in Covent Garden -- looks like about 4 knuckles on my map
:-) which would be about 2 miles), and no mention of meeting
rooms.

The page these came from,
http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/budgethotels, also lists a bunch
in the Paddington/Hyde Park/Marylebone/Oxford Street area, not to
mention Bayswater/Kensington Gardens/Notting Hill/Portobello
Road.  But these latter -- though imbued with some nostalgia,
especially for the band (grin) -- are getting a little far from
Charing Cross Road).

If needed, I'll go through these on the weekend looking for
candidates to call.

PS: How the $*@~! do you say "Marylebone", anyway?  (It's
England, so either the "y" or the "e"'s gotta be silent ... but
which one?)

Thanks for all this phoning around, Jill!

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft -- but they could get
fired for relying on Microsoft.
        - Chris Garrigues