OFF: Swap tape 2000

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Aug 1 10:46:05 EDT 2000

Tim/Bart spake...

>> Does anybody feel like organising this, this year?  Because I can't be
>> arsed, that's all!  But I'd still like to make a tape and stuff.
>
>For new boc-l folks, here's the deal. For the last couple of years, list
>members have compiled compilations (on tape, usually) of just about any music
>they want to share with other people. There's really no restrictions (though
>its kinda pointless putting any BOC or Hawkwind on !!). Everybody gets an
>address of another list member to send their tape to. Once in motion, you'll
>get a tape from somebody - give it a listen (alternatively wretch with disgust
>or groove with it). After a couple of weeks or so, forward the tape onto the
>person next in the chain. Don't go hogging the tapes - the idea is to let
>everybody get a listen to all the tapes in circulation.

I didn't join in last time, partly 'cause I was too lazy and partly 'cause I
never understood how it was supposed to go in 1998.  And anyway, I had both
sent and gotten tapes to and from Sweden.  If we're going to do this again
this way, it seems logical to have two tape 'rings'...one in Europe and one
in the Americas, and perhaps a third in Australasia if the numbers warrant
it.  And then link the rings together with one volunteer in each region
that's willing to continually ship small packages across various ponds.
(That's not me, sorry.  I'm just a poor student still.)

Anyone agree?

I'm into CD-R samplers these days...anyone have a problem with that?

Are we supposed to keep the artists' names 'secret' once again?  (I don't
know if you guys did it that way last time or not.)  If so, how will the
artists' names be revealed to those on down the line?  I usually put my
email addy on the samplers I make anyway, so I suppose the receiver could
always ask by personal email, eh?

Grakkl (FAA)