OFF: Napster/Master of Puppets - OK, now I get it, but still....

Johnny Firich johnnybravo5858 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 23 07:11:26 EDT 2000

yes, well, I finally got some sleep :)

still, thw whole thing is absurd - the exact opposite of the way a
(commercially established) band should handle mp3s. IM-not-so-HO it is very
arguable that they lost anything at all because of mp3s/cdr's etc. I know a
couple of people who have in fact done the opposite - bought some Metallica
(in particular) CDs having listened to mp3s of 'sandman', 'unforgiven', and
yes - 'astronomy', which I gave them. each person went on to buy at least
one CD.

(ok, this is more and more OFF) even better with BOC - I got tons of people
hooked on BOC using MP3s - more then 10 myself since 'heaven forbid' was
released, not to mention their friends, etc!

all in all, i am positive MP3s are a fantastic way to promote an artist and
they're nowhere near piracy. in any case, it is extremely disappointing that
a band i like should sue its fans!

hmm.... good I live in Croatia, where there's practically no copyright laws
- they can't sue me! (yet)