HW: spin-offs list

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Apr 20 14:23:45 EDT 2000

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:04:04 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>                  chasing some stuff up (thanks for all the help by the
>way), I find a Deviants album I wot not of called _Partial Recall_, and
>also _Fragments of Broken Probes_ - am I correct in thinking that these
>are both bits and pieces comps.? If so has anyone got dates and lineups
>for the tracks? And if they're actual albums, could someone let me
>know?

Those are both compilations (on the very cool Captain Trip label, out of
Japan) of both previously-released and previously-unreleased
Deviants/Farren material.  I *think* that the only tracks relavent to the
Hawkwind spinoffs list would be the four that originally appeared on the
Deviants' 1977 Stiff Records 7"EP, 'Screwed Up', which has Paul Rudolph and
Alan Powell on it.  The tracks in question would be "Screwed Up", "Let's
Loot The Supermarket (Again Like We Did Last Summer)", "Shock Horror (Probe
Looming)", and one other that I can't remember (and it's driving me crazy
right now!).

Or is Lemmy also on the Ork Records "Lost Johnny"/"Play With Fire" 7"
recorded in NYC?  Sorry I'm not at home with my record collection in front
of me, so please pardon any inaccuracies!

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com