HW: Glaster Vote

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Apr 6 19:31:59 EDT 2000

Hi Folks...

Here's the final rundown...
TOP 10 votegetters...
1) Neil Finn            894
2) A-Ha                 863
3) Hawkwind             751
4) Radiohead            612
5) Duran Duran          542
6) All Star United      530
7) Oasis                394
8) David Bowie          356
9) Marillion            328
10) Deep Jeep           324

Mostly rubbish, ain't it?  Who the hell are All Star U. and Deep Jeep?  I
already asked about A-Ha....I guess they were popular in that 80s age that I
absolutely loathe.  You know, Duran Duran and that horrific schlock.  :)

Best of the rest...
Cardiacs                174
Tangerine Dream         125
Pink Floyd              109
Fish                    84
Ozric Tentacles         65
Gong                    29
Dark Aether Project     16
GYBE                    15
Britney Spheres         11
Dark Star               9
System 7                8
Spinal Tap              7
Fairport Convention     6
Eat Static              6
Born to Go*             6
Rush                    5
Porcupine Tree          5
Nebula Trip             3
Blue Oyster Cult        3 (Is the list *that* one-sided??)
Stereolab               2
Poisoned Electrick Head 2
Nik Turner's AllStars   2
Mr. Quimby's Beard      2
Eloy                    2
Spectrum                1
Roky Erickson           1 (Fans tripping too much to log on)
Monster Magnet          1 (Fans too stoned to log on)
Mandragora              1
Kid Rock                1 (Ummmm...kinda tells you something about this vote)
Dr. Brown               1
Alien Planetscapes      1

*(There were more for BORN TO GO, with the little Norwegian slashes, but
those have vanished sadly.  I think there were between 10 to 15 there.  So
they did better than it seemed.  Too bad they'll now be replaced by Ginger
Spice.)

Grakkl (FAA)