OFF <== // PGP, anyone?

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sun Apr 2 21:32:58 EDT 2000

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:

=> anyway, i cant recall if it had been there or here, but wasnt someone
=> inquiring about pgp encryption?
=> i've got it, havent used it meself yet (?), but this is from whence i
=> downloaded it.
=>
=> <A HREF="http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html">MIT  distribution site for PGP</
=> A>
=>
=> sorry my links dont arrive "hot" these days....dunno why that would be,
=> but this is the place....

I'm not sure if it is still the case, but the version of PGP distributed
at the MIT site is not as powerful as the "international" version of
PGP.  For one thing, the key lengths are not restricted in size, and it
is not made purposefully incompatible with earlier versions of PGP.

The International PGP Home Page can be found at http://www.pgpi.org/
You can download both the US and International variants of PGP from
there.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu