HW: Tower records / chart stickers etc

Zeitgeist stuarthamilton at CONNECTFREE.CO.UK
Thu Sep 2 08:33:05 EDT 1999

Well now, I was in the pub the other day with a friend of mine who is a
freelance music journo.  He handed over a copy of Select (a magazine I have
never read) to point out the good reviews of the reissues, and the 4*
review of the Epoch set.

He's only a lad, bless 'im, and is generally unfamiliar with the HW world,
but he had been at a a publishers meeting where not only was HW discussed,
but the Epoch set was playing, the following day he was at an illegal rave
in Streatham where he suddenly realised that the "half hour of weird shit
he'd been freaking out to for several months" was in fact HW.  He'd never
realised until he'd heard Epoch.

So when I go back down to London next week I'm under instructions to have
several C90s worth of HW for him and his teenybopper friends to assimilate.

The point of which was to say that if kiddies magazines, publishing
companies and teenage raves are getting into HW, 'twould explain the sudden
prominence of 'product' on display.

NP: Blind Boys Of Alabama - Didn't It Rain
Zeitgeist - Reflections Of The Underground - e-zine and freezine
http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com
PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK
"...when the thunder roars you're not alone" - Lord David of Coverdale
"...how could anyone fall for a drunk like me?" - Tyla