HW: Greasy Tracks, Meat, Trains and Tibet

Adrian Parr age.p at CONIFERSCLOSE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Oct 28 17:54:48 EDT 1999

Hi Folks
Further to recent discussion about Greasy Truckers tracks.
Make What You Can. Well, i contacted Brian Tawn about this, and many more
Hawkwind tracks when compiling the Hawkwind & Related Worldwide Discography
book a few years back.
He phoned Dave Brock, and Dave seemed to recall this was recorded in America
during a tour there.
I guess this was 1973, but then again, on a number of tracks, Brian and Dave
had differing opinions on where and when certain tracks were recorded. With
the passing of time and general day to day recollections, the dates often
varied.

Personally, I don't believe Make What You Can is from the Roundhouse 13 Feb
1972, even if the link sounds the same. It's certainly much later.
If you listen to, say, a selection of tapes from 1997, the links and such
would sound identical, even with a few careful scrutinizing listens.

As for the Jam from the Weird tape, this just has to differ from the
Roadhawks version of Seeing It as You Really Are.
Mind boggling stuff, and good luck to anyone ever trying to pinpoint the
exact date of many of Hawkwind's live material.

BTW. To make this point, the version of Flying Doctor (aka Drug Cabinet Key)
that was on vol 3 of Friends and Relations.
I got from Dave and Brian, either:
1. live in Europe, October 1977
2. USA, March 1978, or
3. Studio demo Summer 1978. Which is right???

Thought i'd get this in before it falls flat on its face.
AND !!! Does anyone know what tracks are on the forthcoming Voiceprint CD of
Greay Truckers?

As for French meat. I heard someone on the news the other day saying there's
absolutely no health risk from eating French cows that had been fed sewage.
Are these people serious, or is this a new line in health foods now GM crops
have been discredited? Beef on the bone with sewage sauce.

A few weeks before that near Paddington, i also heard someone from the rail
industry saying trains were safe.
Obviously something we will all bare in mind chiefs.

Then, we saw the British police steaming in on demonstrators waving Tibetan
flags in London, which they subsequently confiscated, and were later given a
gold star award from Home secretary Jack Straw.
Yes Jacko, and we all remember what your son smokes.

And if that wasn't enough, we in Britain are more than likely to pay even
more money for a passport cos of a f**k up by the passport office during the
Summer.
Did we ask for the requirement of a passport in the first place?

Well, that feels much better.

All the best
Age

Visit the "Hawkeye on Hawkwind" website at:
http://www.conifersclose.freeserve.co.uk/index.html