BOC FAQ v3.1 is now available for download

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Fri Oct 22 08:14:44 EDT 1999

Ladies, Fish, and Gentlemen:

While it's a bit later than I had hoped (kind of like the next Sony
compilation on BOC), I have finally released the latest version of the
BOC
FAQ.  It is available by going to my BOC website at

http://members.aol.com/bocfaqman

So, what's new in the FAQ, you might ask?  Well, according to the FAQ itself:

     This version of this FAQ, identified as version "3.1", supersedes
all previous versions.  It contains the following changes over version
3.0:  Many additional random bits of information have been sprinkled
throughout the FAQ.  New sections were added on live radio broadcasts,
demo material by the band, and the heights of the original line-up.  A
new question (Where can I find BOC MP3s?) has also been added.  The
discography section has been updated to include new BOC compilations and
bootlegs that have been released, as well as the new release *Piece Of
Work* by the Brain Surgeons.  In addition, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
released a re-mastered "gold" CD of *Blue Oyster Cult* and *Tyranny And
Mutation* on a single CD (complete with restored album sleeve artwork
and new liner notes penned by Eric Bloom), and a "BOC Tribute Album"
(*Don't Fear The Remake* by Too Hip For The Room) now exists.  Finally,
with all the concern in the world this year about the "Y2K" issue with
computers, the FAQ has been modified to be "Y2K-compliant":  All date
references using 2 digits (e.g. "the 70's") have been replaced by 4
digits (e.g. "the 1970's).  Is this necessary?  Hardly, but, at least
you can't blame me when your computer crashes on January 1st, 2000.

I hope you all enjoy it - an HTML version should be available shortly.
As
always, please feel free to send me comments, corrections, or additions.

However, before you tell me of some seemingly obscure BOC reference,
make
sure it isn't in the FAQ first!

Also, to anyone linking to the FAQ, be sure to link to the latest
version --
of course, the easiest way to do this is just to link directly to my BOC
webpage, as it will always have the latest version.

And, as always, "Good Health to You",

John Swartz (BOCFAQMAN at aol.com)