HW: dates and places

Jill jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Oct 13 15:08:07 EDT 1999

Andy Gilham wrote:

> This turned up in my in-box.  Some of it is old news by now, but not all!
>
> --Andy
>
> mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.gilham
>
> ---
> follow are the dates that HW are doing in November
> November
>
> 8   Ocford - Zodiac Club - Cowley Road - 01865 726336 - £10
> 9   Norwich - The Waterfront - 01603 632 717 - £11
> 10  Wavendon(Nr.Milton Keynes) - The Stables Theatre - 01908 586678 - £19:50
> 12  St Austell - Coliseum - 01726 814 261 - £11
> 14  Croydon - Fairfield Hall - 0181 681 0821 - £11 & £13
>
> I am told by the band that Nik and Simon House will be joining for all dates
> and Harvey is support and guesting with the band

ack!   I've just spent hours in the Library tracking these down - and
all I needed to do was read the mailing list.   Sigh.

Anyhow - for anyone planning to go to Cornwall:  the Coliseum is in fact
called the "Cornwall Coliseum" [makes a difference when you are trying
to find it in the phone book] and is not actually in St. Austell itself
but in a town called Carlyon Bay 2 or 3 miles outside down by the coast
about half way between the two railway stations of St. Austell and Par.
There's a biggish hotel there "Carlyon Bay Hotel" but it looks
expensive.  However B&Bs should be plentiful.

The Fairfield Hall in Park Lane, Croydon is very close to Croydon East
station and not too far away from Croydon West either.   Croydon is
situated in South London well outside the centre [for those who don't
know!] and you will have to trust yourself to Thameslink or something
similar if you go there by train since there's no underground that far
out.   However there's a fairly comprehensive bus service by the looks
of things as an alternative.

Yrs informatively

jill

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk> or