HW: Y2K

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Nov 30 18:54:39 EST 1999

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:46:54 -0000, "Andy.Gilham"
<Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM> wrote:
>News of Steve Swindells' new project...
>
>From: "Steve Swindells" <sswindells at email.msn.com>
>To: <Star_rats at hawkwind.com>
>Subject: Y2K
>Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 03:32:41 -0000
>
>Steve Swindells here.  I played with Hawkwind 20 years ago (the Hawklords
>period) and wrote 'Shot Down In The Night' for the band. It was a very
>interesting period of my life - especially the unique bond that developed
>between myself and Robert Calvert - he was an amazing person (bet you didn't
>know that we actually got as far as rehearsals on his musical project
>'Hype', in which he'd asked me to take the lead role.  Then I got double
>pneumonia.  The project collapsed. Oh well, fate is strange).

This would have been the session that produced the "Lord of the
Hornets"/"Greenfly and Rose" 7" (with Simon King, Huw, and on the first
track, Lemmy), right?  At least Bob was able to find a good keyboard player
(some guy named 'Simon', I think, who also plays fiddle) for the 'Hype' LP.

>I thought you might be interested in the fact that I'm releasing a 'single'
>on the net called 'Y2K', by Swindells & Biz, on www.mpreal.com.  It should
>be up there by Dec 1st and is available either as an MP3 download or on CD.

Has anyone tried this?  The ODBC queries to get to individual tracks appear
to be broken, so I can't download it.  Especially frightening that it's a
bug painfully close to what I'm doing (or should be doing, rather) at work
right now.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com