HW Favorite year/line-up

Tue Nov 23 18:14:45 EST 1999

At 19.13 +0000 99-11-23, Tim Stephenson wrote:
>>I maintain that the Huns were top notch in 362
>
>Possibly, but the Goths and Visigoths are definitely the bands to watch,
>and look out for a storming gig in Rome for the Ostrogoths in the near
>future.

No, I have to agree with the first post. The Goths early work was excellent
(as was that of some of their members previous work) but it never really
reached a wide audience. The Huns came out of nowhere to really made it big
in the late fourth century, and consistently topped the charts for the best
part of a century. While the Goths were finally able to reach a larger
audience during this period, they were hurt by numerous lineup changes and
competition for ownership of the name. The real beneficiaries were the
Huns, and you can be sure its no accident the most successful Hun lineups
included ex-Goths. It was only towards the end of the fifth century with
the breakup of the Huns that several reformed Goth projects got it together
and achieved real commercial success. But really, this material bore only
passing resemblance to the original Goth stuff.

Well, that's the way it goes in the rock and roll show ...

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson